Tuesday, March 27, 2007

a beautiful day (with a few glitches)

Today is an absolutely beautiful day outside, and I feel free and excited about "the day the Lord has made." Having just returned from a short run–dressed in shorts and a tee shirt–and listening to some tunes (Three Dog Night, The Beatles, Hootie and the Blowfish, among others), I feel the wonder of creation. Indeed, I sense that the music I listen to on my Ipod is but a mere echo of the music the Master Creator is playing today and each day.

How marvelous the eternal state must be, how incredible and mind-boggling an uninterrupted future of bliss! What will it be like to experience what John can only describes as “it has not appeared as yet what we will be”? How will it feel when we are "like Him, because we will see Him just as He is” (1 John 3;2)? Thank God for the samples of this future of never-ending delight! Thank God we can “dip into” a little bit of this even now!

As an additional thought–and as God’s providence would have it–my older son just came home with a poor grade, which is highly unlike him. Then, a few minutes later, we discovered that my younger son did not make little league. He is young, but I am telling you–bias as I may be–he was easily one of the top few most talented kids at the tryout. Amazing, how strange things can happen even on a beautiful day. Oh well, the sun (and the Son) is (and my sons are) still shining! :-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent points and the details are more specific than somewhere else, thanks.

- Norman