Monday, April 02, 2007

who's a fool? - - - - i am!

Yesterday was April Fools Day, that is, my day! Why is it my day? Because I am all too often just that, a fool! How often have I been blind to the blessings that are right in front of me? How consistently have I spurned God’s good gifts and by-passed opportunities? How inconsistent, indeed hypocritical, have I been? I am truly an unbelievably goofy individual, a fool!

My hope, though, is that God is merciful to fools, that he is patient with my consistent demonstrations of spiritual stupidity. Yes, I am a fool . . . and I’m not merely saying that, I am truly a fool. But he is a fool finder and–most importantly–a fool rescuer. “Lord, rescue this fool, and help me to so perceive your grace that it begins to shape me into a non-fool.” Any other fools out there?

No comments: