Thursday, May 01, 2008

the path


Is anyone nice
or partially kind?

No self in the picture
seems so hard to find

Everywhere looking
with honesty rare
Where are the chosen,
the ones who do care?

Here is a big shot,
who must get ahead
What will he think
when he’s buried and dead?

All of us falter
weak we can be
hope then arrives
and faith is the key

Searching for truth
and tapped into livin’
strength comes from grace
that is only God-given

Hope paves a way
though often there’s weeping
light through the dark
by grace we are keeping

Purpose, desire
Lord driven are we
prodded by love
that
descends from the tree

Perfect, I sense it
echoes I’m hearing

seeing by faith
with invisible peering

Lord, pave my path
make it smooth, make it real
flow through my soul
so your presence I feel

No comments: