Tuesday, February 13, 2007

loving like Jesus

John Smulo just posted some great ideas about the love and committment of Jesus. Here, I add a number of my own:

I love you even if you carry out my death sentence.

I love you even if you mock me in my time of greatest need.

I love you even if you twist my words.

I love you even if you’re ashamed of me.

I love you even if you only care about getting ahead.

I love you even if to try to thwart my efforts to love you.

I love you even if you make me cry.

I love you even though I know in advance that you will screw up countless times.

I love you even if the big shots in town frown on my efforts.

I love you even if even it is (supposedly) not the time for love.

I love you even if you think my greatest triumph is defeat.

I love you even if you are a crook.

I love you even if you are a whore.

I love you even if you care more about status than you do about me.

I love you even if you completely miss what I am looking for.

Who can love like this? I do not think I can . . . but he can and does. Perhaps, in him, I will.

No comments: