Thursday, August 03, 2006

Needy and Blessed

Every once in a while I am reminded of just how weak I am. For all the effort I (we) put into doing various things and participating in numerous projects, the fact remains that there is so much that we cannot do. Indeed, even what we can do hinges on the permissive will of our Creator.

When it comes to my future and the future of my loved ones, I need God's guidance and grace. In more ways than I can count, I require divine assistance and mercy and whatever else there is. Thus, while it is totally proper to utilize our gifts and make use of our time, all of it depends on something, or rather Someone, who is greater than any of us. I think we need to remember this fact so that in all of our thinking and planning and doing, we lean on God--asking for his continual and loving intervention and thanking him for his many blessings.

No comments: