Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 things

This is something I wrote for facebook. Why? I don't know. :-)

1. I love my wife and kids.


2. I love work/teaching.

3. I love (at least some of) my school kids.

4. I love writing and often have multiple projects going on simultaneously. (I’ve written 2 books . . . so far.)

5. I wrote a dictionary article for a major Christian publisher on the subject of extraterrestrials.

6. I love to read and tend to be reading 5-10 books simultaneously.

7. I’m ranked in the top 100 in the world in Pi recitation, having recited Pi to something like 250 digits.

8. When I was younger (note the implication: I’m still young but not as young as I once was. Who is?) I was able to leap high enough to hit my head off the bottom of a basketball backboard. Hmm, perhaps that explains a lot. :-)

9. As a kid, my favorite basketball player was Dr. J.

10. When I was younger, I played basketball for hours each day.

11. When I was younger, I once did 1,234 consecutive sit ups. I stopped because I was bored.

12. When I was younger, I could leg press the entire universal gym leg press stack with one leg. Honest.

13. I’m still young . . . just not younger. :-)

14. When I was younger, I did a lot of running, and I’m still running. See, I told you I am still young. :-)

15. I love the old Western Bonanza because of the values it represents, and I love Seinfeld because I think it’s a brilliant comedy (despite some of the questionable values).

16. I love music.

17. I believe that “music” is playing every day, God’s music, and it is up to listen for (and to) it.

18. My great aunts (my dad’s aunts) had a major impact in my life.

19. One of my best friends and I almost always conclude our conversations with KP, which means Keep Praying.

20. I love cake batter.

21. I am a strange combination of levelheadness and crazy emotion. Was that schizophrenia? :-)

22. I love movies and watch them all of the time.

23. A good friend of mine, who used to be a professional body builder and who lives in Florida, always makes it a point to give me a call and visit each Christmas season. Talk about faithful! We’ve been friends since kindergarten, which we attended in something like 4 B.C.

24. I’ve used the word “I” entirely too much in writing this.

25. I could easily write much more. Oops, there goes that “I” word again. I will shut up. :-)

No comments: