Thursday, July 10, 2008

very blessed

Just this morning, I received an email from my friend, Rick Walston. Among other things, Rick, who is the president of a seminary, occasionally writes these short essays on a variety of topics, which he calls Coffee Talks. Well, today’s CT was about being blessed.

In countless ways, I am immensely blessed. This morning I received an email from a friend, who is a train engineer; he sent a few pictures from years ago of my oldest (who is now 15 but was then about 3-4), sitting on my lap inside a train. Then, I received an email from my sister who said she'd be at today's Philadelphia Phillies game and wants us to look for her on TV; how blessed and free we are! As I look around my room, pictures of my wife and kids surround me. A couple of running medals/trophies are here. My Masters and Doctorate degrees sit above my desk. A picture from a handful of traveling seniors sits there; they are all on the beach, the Pacific Ocean in the background, in a "thumbs up" pose. Hanging on my wall is the Dr. Atty Award, which I recently received. Around me are books and a variety of toys (figures from Casablanca, an autographed football, etc.). In fact I was just interrupted by someone who came to the door, and when I went outside I realized what a beautiful sunny day it is; I think I'll take my coffee out on the front porch . . . another blessing. In the back ground I can hear my wife, my 15 year old is still asleep--it's his day off from work. And my 10 year old just took the dog out and I can hear him shooting basketball in our driveway. It is true. I am incredibly blessed! Thanks, Rick, for the reminder! :-)

No comments: